Monday, October 12, 2009

The test results came back a few hours ago. The doctors were right, Mom had some sort of blood clot or something. I think it had something to do with her lungs or around her lungs. The nurse did not have many details by the time I left.
I don't think it's very serious.... they have her on a blood thinner.
They will keep her on that until the next surgery. (Which they still don't have scheduled).

I am home now, but Dad is staying another night. Mom still has a fever and is not completely stable, so he didn't want to leave.
She has been awake all day, responding and giving us smiles and facial expressions. She tried several times to tell us something, but we had a very hard time understanding. All she can do is mouth the word and wait for us to guess. Very frusterating.
They never got the breathing tube out... they just have to wait until she is stable.
Pray for deep sleep tonight; she had a tiring day.
We are so encouraged that she is awake and can hear us!

2 comments:

  1. Still praying, Naomi. Thanks for posting an update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that your mom was responsive to you guys on Sunday!!! What a great thing. I will continue to pray for her eyes, ears, and all the other parts that need praying for :) and deep sleep tonight. Stuborness is probably a good characteristic for her to have right now-so we know she will keep pushing through and will get better!

    I was thinking yesterday about you all doing school. I was wondering how much you relied on your mom for school...grading, helping out, teaching. Please let me know if I can help in any way little or big. I think you know that I am a former teacher and I tutor currently. Please don't hesitate to ask me, I just might have to bring a few kids with me if you need me. Let me know:)

    We bought large poster paper today to cut down and make your mom some cards. When we do we will drop them off. You can take them to her whenever you think she is ready to see them.

    Jessica Hegarty

    ReplyDelete