Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday

Thank you all once again for your faithful prayers.
Mom was in surgery today from 7:45 am to 4:30 pm. As I said last night, three different teams worked on her through the day.
The vein/ filtering procedure went well, and they got her abdomen all closed up.
The surgery on her leg took a while; it turns out they were not able to finish. She is too swollen right now for them to fix the second break (her tibia I think..) So at this point they are not sure when they can finish her leg.

Dad was in Philly all day today, and I think he got some rest. He is going to spend the night again; he has a hotel room nearby. He spent 3 hours with her after the operations. She is still sedated, but he very much appreciated his time in the room with her.

So please praise the Lord with us for the 2 smooth operations. The leg can wait. They now have her in a "sling"/ "cocoon" (as dad put it) which will reduce pressure from laying on a bed. She is packed in pretty tight, so she cannot move even if she wanted to.
The four of us are planning to go in tomorrow morning, about 9:30. Wendy Fulbright is going to take us. We'll be with dad for a while and take turns seeing mom, and then the five of us will come home together. He told us to be prepared because she apparently looks worse than she did on Tuesday.
But I cannot wait to be with her- I miss her so much.
We all long to talk to her, but it is a blessing that she is "out".

Our prayers are being answered, and although a slow process, God has been extremely merciful.

Love,
Naomi, Brian, Autumn, Adrian, and Ben (and mom!!!)

7 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!!! I am so glad you will get to visit with your mom tomorrow. We are still praying for her and we love her (tell her for us:) Jess and Jadah Hegarty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update, Naomi. All of you there tomorrow will surely warm her heart and spirit, and that too is powerful, healing medicine. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a blessed visit with your mom today, and safe travels to and from the hospital. Keep those updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish I could stop my busy schedule and be with you all. I have a camp reunion that has been on my schedule for the past year. Please tell your mom that I love her and I am going to MAKE time next wk to be there somehow.
    Naomi, you are doing a great job with DETAILS of everything!! THANK YOU! I am glad your family has you to depend on...hang in there.
    "Blessed be the LORD, who DAILY bears our BURDEN, the GOD who IS our salvation." Ps. 68:19
    My prayers and heart are with you all,
    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naomi,
    All of us at Lifeline (used to be Birthright when your mom worked here)are praying for her each day. May God keep you all in His loving arms.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naomi,
    I just heard the news from Char Jamison. Our thoughts and prayers are with your mom and your entire family during this difficult time. I'm glad to hear that things are moving in a positive direction. Thank you so much for keeping everyone posted.
    Love, Sherri and Caitie Keinard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana (from Lifeline)-
    I just wanted to say thank you. Mom talks about Birthright often, and it is wonderful to hear from you. Thank you for your prayers.
    -Naomi

    ReplyDelete